The Need for Fertilizers in Africa
Several short introductions by fertilizer experts with ample experience in Africa will precede the debate.
- Welcome, (3 min) by ir Cor de Jong, president of SKOV
- The soil fertility problem in Africa and the need for fertilisers, (15 min) by
- Dr Shamie Zingore, African Plant Nutrition Institute, Benguerir, Morocco
- Advances with speciality fertilisers, (5 min) by Dr Simone Radersma, resident expert in the African fertilizer sector
- The role of legume nitrogen fixation, (5 min) by Prof. Dr Ken Giller, professor of Plant Production Systems, Wageningen University
- From subsistence to market production: Implications for rural household food security in Uganda (5 min) by Dr Proscovia Renzaho Ntakyo, lecturer agribusiness, Kabale University
- Plenary discussion chaired by Prof. Dr Ruerd Ruben, professor of Impact Assessment of Food Systems, Wageningen University
- Closing remarks, (2 min) by ir Gijs Kok, Vice-President of SKOV
Please register for participation at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you the link in due time.
Organisation: THE STUDY CIRCLE FOR DEVELOPMENT ISSUES / SKOV
with the kind cooperation of the student club Nji Sri and the study associations Ipso
Facto and Nitroca and the New Network on Food and Environment
Join the discussion on June 17th, 19.30 - 21.00.