How will agricultural sustainability policies in the West impact the rural poor in Africa?
Challenges and efforts for solutions
This event will take place on Wednesday April 13th 2022 at 16:00-18:00 hrs CET in the Forum Building (102) at Wageningen Campus, Room C 0763
- Welcome, (5 min) by ir Cor de Jong, president of SKOV
- “Sustainability transition in rich country agriculture and the global poor” (40 min) by dr ir Niek Koning, expert in food security, international agricultural policies and economic development. Formerly working in the Centre for Sustainable Development and Food Security and in the Department of Social Sciences Wageningen University & Research
- “The future of Agricultural Development in Africa” (20 min) by Stefan Schüller, MA., Policy Officer Agroecology and inclusive Land Governance Policy at BothEnds, Utrecht
- Plenary discussion (50 min) chaired by dr ir Ellen Magnus, development economist and development philosopher at the University of Utrecht
- Vote of thanks (3 min) by Bruno Miranda
- Closing remarks, (2 min) by Cor de Jong
Participation is free of charge. Afterwards dinner is possible (€25).
Language of communication is English.
Organisation: The study Circle for Development Issues (SKOV) with the kind cooperation of the student club Nji Sri and the study associations Ipso Facto and Nitroca, and the New Network on Food and Environment (NN).